Educator, archaeologist and dungeon master Daniel Kwan (left), with two of his Dungeons & Dragons assistants Dhruv (top right) and Patrick (bottom right), showing off their newest treasures- a rather large set of Pathfinder books. See you all at Saturday Morning Club!
Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons (and now Pathfinder) at the Museum!
In an exciting piece of news, Toronto Blue Jays starting pitcher, Cy Young Award winner, children’s’ book author and self-proclaimed Star Wars nerd, R.A. Dickey will be featured in our January issue of ROM Magazine! Even more amazing, R.A. Dickey wants to answer a few questions from kids!
If there are some kids in your life who love baseball and the Toronto Blue Jays then please pass this on!
Example questions you can take inspiration from!
- Who was your hero growing up?
- What’s your favourite exhibit at the ROM?
- Why do you throw a knuckleball?\What’s your favourite thing about Toronto?
- What’s your next book after Knuckleball Ned?
- Who’s your favourite Star Wars character?
- Who would win in a fight: Tyrannosaurus rex or Triceratops?
- What do you eat for brunch?
- Do you have a favourite museum?
- You can tweet your questions with #AskRADickey, ask them in the comment section below, or even email them in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note the child’s first name and age with the question!
- We’re sending the questions off on Tuesday @ 5PM, so get your questions in by then!
- Check out the January 2015 issue of the ROM Magazine to see if your question was answered!
- Image Credit
R.A. Dickey: By Keith Allison, April 2013. [CC BY-SA 2.0]
Written by @kironcmukherjee. Last update: September 22nd, 2014.
Where the Brick Works meets the Museum
All ‘round the Museum, inside and out, you’ll notice these big pink signs displaying a little fact about our history. This one is my favourite. Our Head of Facilities likes to tell me that not only does the Museum hold artifacts and specimens but it is one itself with an important place in Toronto’s history.
I find new cool stuff every time I go
"Find new cool stuff every time" should be our new tagline.
I like to make cameo appearances with our film group ‘Lights, Camera, Action’! This shoot was for a PSA where I play a dude suffering from #selfieitus. I don’t take selfies on the regular so this role was a lot of fun to indulge in. To help make the scene authentic we actually took the pictures.
Here’s 1 of 27 from the shoot.