REASON 2 TO VISIT #ULTIMATEDINOS: DINOSAUR BEAUTY!
The following words often come to mind when thinking of dinosaurs:
- Terrible Lizard
- Dragon Thing
- Original Pokemon
And though I don’t necessarily disagree with any of those points, I think people often miss the fact that dinosaur were incredibly beautiful animals, you just need to get past their killer teeth, crazy claws and ridiculous armour.
- I find Amargasaurus to be just about the most beautiful sauropod I’ve ever seen. Those long spines are just so regal looking.
- I think Suchomimus is the most gorgeous theropod, with the long slender snout and lanky legs and arms.
And of course, with the discovery that many different types of theropod dinosaurs had feathers, the beauty of all this will become all the more understandable. Dinosaurs are so unique and seemingly unlike anything we see today. However, much of that is based in our limited understanding of their look and life style. I mean, just because an animal has sharp claws and teeth doesn’t also mean it can’t be a good parent, and I think there’s a lot of beauty in that too.
With our knowledge of birds being dinosaur descendants and that feathers frequently adorned many dinosaurs, I think, overtime, our view of these creatures will change to be something much more positive!
Have you visited? What’s your favourite part of #ultimatedinos?
12 Notes/ Hide
- sasagani reblogged this from romkids
- radioactive-lion reblogged this from romkids
- muclefords likes this
- slowfireburn likes this
- allinthebones reblogged this from romkids
- hushlander reblogged this from romkids
- livelearnandlove reblogged this from romkids
- livelearnandlove likes this
- imjustwandering reblogged this from romkids
- dogsnames likes this
- astiithefirst reblogged this from romkids
- morbokat likes this
- holiday-velvet likes this
- romkids posted this