REASON 19 TO VISIT #ULTIMATEDINOS: AUGMENTED REALITY!
How to see a living breathing dinosaur (that’s not a bird, obvy):
- Go to Ultimate Dinosaurs: Giants of Gondwana.
- Walk up to the Carnotaurus.
- Grab the iPad, point it at Carnotaurus skeleton.
- Enjoy as you see a fully formed, colourful and even breathing Carnotaurus.
But let’s be real, you wanna have a Giganotosaurus at home right?
- Download THIS free app for your iPhone. Open it, and put it on the Giganotosaurus marker images above, to see that dinosaur start walking across your screen!
- Print it out (it’s pocket sized after all!), and put it on any surface, and you’ll have a dinosaur walking across your kitchen table!
- Obviously there’s also a built in function so you can tweet this dino action for the world to see!
Perhaps the greatest thing about this, is what it says about the future. I would imagine, in museums around the world, seeing small digital additions, that offer content on top of the gallery work, become increasingly normal. I think that’s only good news!
- More on the augmented reality experience at the ROM here.
- Check out this review from the Globe and Mail here and from @edgital here!
- And finally, the great video from @realkrisabel here…
Do you have an augmented reality Giganotosaurus at home?