REASON 23 TO VISIT #ULTIMATEDINOS: PHOTOGRAPHY!
I’m not sure if the subject makes the photographer look good, or if it’s the other way around, but it’s HARD to take a bad photo in Ultimate Dinosaurs: Giants Of Gondwana. The dinosaurs just look so wonderful.
I think one of the things that I’ve noticed about social media, things like twitter, instagram and tumblr, is that it’s made us all an artist. And not in some pretentious way (at least not all of us!) but it’s allowed many of us to explore our creative side. The online world gives us somewhere to put our stuff, and in this case, our photos. It gives us an audience, people to share our joys and passions. Tags on tumblr allow ANYONE to search ANYONE ELSES photos. It places hobbyists next to professionals.
I’ve always championed museums who allow photography (the ROM allows it in nearly all of its exhibits). There really is nothing better than bringing your camera with you on your journey through the past.
I’ve also been very open about my love of dinosaurs. But I never knew that dinosaurs would also give me something else, a love of photography. Being able to shoot this gallery from, development and through its run, has been incredibly rewarding, and opened my eyes to how much I love taking photos.
And it’s not just me.
Look at tumblr all the museum photosets. Search the #RoyalOntarioMuseum tag on instagram, where there’s more photos per day then mentions on twitter. It’s people taking interesting photos, selfies, doing duckface next to a duckbill, their lunch at C5 and just them having a great time at the ROM.
I encourage anyone, whether you own a Digital SLR, a point and shoot, your iPhone, to just take photos when you visit the ROM. And I hope, most importantly, you shoot #ultimatedinos. These prehistoric subjects are incredible.
Check these links out!
- This is one of the greatest photo sets I’ve seen done of #ultimatedinos. @saralynnpaige work is absolutely gorgeous, and really shows the wonder of #ultimatedinos.
- All of my photos of #ultimatedinos can be found HERE.
- This is what tumblr has tagged under #Royal Ontario Museum.
- Have you taken some great in #ultimatedinos? Make sure you share them with the hashtag!
Have you visited #ultimatedinos?! Want to share your photos (I’ll post a link here!)?
49 Notes/ Hide
- fauxfox23 likes this
- silverbaryonyx reblogged this from lostbeasts
- andthenanthen reblogged this from romkids and added:
- muclefords likes this
- canadaartsconnect reblogged this from romkids
- auchen likes this
- breatheinbetter reblogged this from romkids
- formulafun likes this
- dinostrife reblogged this from lostbeasts
- sugaredmayhem likes this
- jeancarlo09 reblogged this from lostbeasts
- brodyface likes this
- janvangoyen reblogged this from romkids
- rsthomason likes this
- dinosaursonmymind likes this
- imfuckingspock reblogged this from lostbeasts
- komainucalamity reblogged this from lostbeasts
- komainucalamity likes this
- hec-thor reblogged this from thelastofcreatures
- estefaniafierro likes this
- xxfuria likes this
- raatakelihai likes this
- thelastofcreatures reblogged this from lostbeasts and added:
- troll-bridge likes this
- holluschickie answered: Is it a travelling exhibit? Will it tour the world? I live in Florida but would love to see it, Canada is a bit far…
- holluschickie reblogged this from lostbeasts
- holluschickie likes this
- pedestrian-palamite likes this
- xert reblogged this from lostbeasts
- dinotrash reblogged this from lostbeasts
- katarnarmor likes this
- yuukawhy likes this
- centrefoldsnil reblogged this from romkids
- arrojadoa likes this
- 6stronghands reblogged this from lostbeasts
- windchester reblogged this from lostbeasts
- krpharuhi reblogged this from lostbeasts
- primataandante reblogged this from lostbeasts
- simswithbowties likes this
- zetarays likes this
- zetarays reblogged this from lostbeasts
- agirlnamedtuesdaye reblogged this from lostbeasts
- agirlnamedtuesdaye likes this
- diego30yy likes this
- netocika likes this
- behind-my-daisy reblogged this from lostbeasts
- greekamazon likes this
- lostbeasts reblogged this from romkids